Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Saskatchewan Style!!....

If you take a look at the Farmer's Almanac, it usually predicts a snowstorm, in Saskatchewan, before Halloween. This year, I guess it decided to come one calender holiday sooner! Admittedly being obsessive compulsive about the Weather Channel- the predictions, the anticipation, then the event- 15 cms of snow and sub-zero temperatures here in Whitewood, SK. Even Newfoundland and Labrador weather looked more promising and apparently I hear people were out golfing back in Southern Ontario.
I arrived at the Saskatchewan border on Saturday and ran to Moosemin yesterday before the freezing rain came. The snow is supposed to disappear by the time I start running again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I am going to take the opportunity to explore the roads I don't run on. Maybe go make some snowballs in the hay fields? Hey, that would be a new Run The Dream first! We'll see!
Happy Thanksgiving Saskatchewan Style!



And most importantly, Happy 25th Birthday Alex! I bet you won't ever forget how you spent your 25th for a long, long time!

The Dream Continues....

No comments: