Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gros Morne National Park

Day of rest...or was it?

I decided that I had come way too close to one of the world's national treasures to not see it, so today was field trip day!
We began this beautiful Sunday off with a visit to the Humber Valley United Church in Pasadena, NL, after meeting Reverend Andy Wright earlier this week. The congregation welcomed Alex, Kevin and I in with open arms and even included us in their post worship moose soup luncheon. I wish to extend a sincere thank you to them all for their hospitality and generosity. 
Back in the car we ventured due north to explore Gros Morne National Park...from the comfort of the car. A warn down mountain range from 1.2 billion years ago, the amazing vistas were enough to keep the camera going non stop for the hour or so drive through the park. A favorite moment would definitely be passing two caribou on the side of the highway who were out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon stroll. We passed a beautiful golf course, however, I unfortunately forgot to pack my clubs, so we had to do a different kind of driving...
With two dinners in my belly, laundry washed, and bags packed, we move on to Stephenville tomorrow with five running days in Newfoundland and Labrador left. 

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Wow!!!! Before you know it you will be off our beauitful island. Now you know why so many Newfoundlanders and Labradorians hate to leave. There is a song called " Salt Water Joys "" give it a listen. I cry every time I hear it. Take care.