Monday, December 1, 2008

December Rain....

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-George Bernard Shaw

Great morning from the Okanagan Valley!!  It may be overcast, it may be raining, but behind the clouds and drizzle there is sunshine! 
The Okanagan experience continues to be filled with surprises.  On Friday, the run was cut short due to lack of visibility caused by a winter blizzard.  At 4pm, I headed over to visit with Wayne Lippert, Mayor of Vernon, and was greeted by many well wishers who deal with Autism on a daily basis.  I'd like to thank Mayor Lippert for inviting me as his guest that evening to the Community Living Christmas fundraiser where special mention was made about the objectives of Run The Dream.  I don't make this up, but it seems whether I am at a grocery store, a fundraiser, or a school, everyone seems to have some connection with Autism.

On Saturday, I was on the move again towards Kelowna and beyond.  It was just one of those days I was going to go out and run the 42 kms, but about 6 hours later the odometer said 58.9 kms.  You never plan for those days, but when the feet feel like they won't touch ground, you keep flying!!

Sunday was the usual rest day and this morning I'll be meeting with Sharon Shepperd, Mayor of Kelowna, before running to Penticton (Home of the Canadian Ironman competition).

Special thanks to the Prestige Inn, in Vernon, and the Best Western, in Kelowna, for accommodating 'The Dream'.

14 Running Days.....530 kms to Victoria, B.C- Dec 18th

The Dream Continues....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are venturing towards my "2nd home" of Penticton!!! Enjoy 'er buddy and be sure to take a picture of the Sikamus!